Friday, June 25, 2010

Gay is the thing you know.

Come on people, it is 2010. If you yourself are not gay, then you are sure to know someone who is gay. Gay people are everywhere. Weather or not you want admit it we are there helping you when you don't need it or turning our backs when you do. That is why I started this blog. Not to only showcase the life of one of many gay men, but a unique one. Yeah yeah so many gay men out there will tell you that they are unique in their own way and yes everyone has something they can each bring to the table, but at the end of the day you have to think to yourself, "Was I myself today?" If you can't answer the question honestly then you my friend are not unique.

In a community shunned so frequently by society it is only natural for all of us to be be like fourteen year old rebellious teenagers and stick it to the man. But as we say in the south..."Do it as a southern belle would!" With grace and class, and not KLASS, but class and style. It is easy to fall into what society and the people around you want you to be, but at the end of the day be true to you. Something I wish our community would embraces besides love is tolerance within our own kind. I find so many gay men hating and disrespecting each other and I think "Really?" I pause and take a breath and wonder why. We are acting like the same people who judge us and we are better than that. With that said...be classy...have fun....be safe and above all be you. Be good or be good at it.

Love,
XHunterboyX

No comments:

Post a Comment